Application of WSP 5.0 is open now! According to Budget 2022, WSP5.0 is open for Travel Industry! There are no salary cap as well but employer should show the amount of subsidy WSP5.0 on the payslip or inform their employee in writing.
|Government Economic |
|Application Date||Beneficiary Industry||Maximum Beneficiary |
|Budget 2021||01.01.2021 – 30.06.2021||Travel industry |
|500||Current WSP beneficiary: 3 months |
New applicant: 6 months
|PERMAI||19.01.2021 – 30.06.2021||Industry affected during MCO||500||1 months|
|PEMERKASA||01.04.2021 – 30.06.2021||Travel industry |
Business prohibited during MCO2.0
|500||Current WSP beneficiary & |
Extra 3 months
|PEMERKASA +||01.06.2021 – 31.07.2021||All industry||500||Current WSP beneficiary & |
Extra 1 month
|WSP4.0||01.08.2021 – 31.10.2021||All industry||500||All industry will get 2 months subsidy in Fasa 2 |
Industry under Negative List in Fasa 3 (Exp: Pub, Beauty salon) will get another 2 months subsidy (4 months in total)
|Budget 2022 |
|01.01.2022 – 31.03.2022||Travel Industry||500||3 months|
FAQ of WSP5.0
1. Who is eligible for WSP5.0?
2. How much is the subsidies amount?
3. When will WSP5.0 open for application?
01.01.2022 – 31.03.2022
- Business sales or revenue of year 2021 decreased by at least 30% compared to Oct – Dec of year 2019/2020/2021.
- Registered SSM or relevant local authority before 01.01.2022
- Registered and contributed PERKESO before 01.01.2022
- Started business operation before 01.01.2022
- Registered LHDN before
- Employee not a beneficiary of hiring incentives
- WSP5.0 has no salary cap
5. Any other condition?
- Employer is not allowed to retrench the subsidised employee. However, reduction of working hours or wages is allowed if the employees agreed.
- Employer needs to notify their subsidised employees about the WSP5.0.
- Ways to notify: https://www.facebook.com/LANDCO.MALAYSIA/posts/1245740989207628
6. Current WSP recipient needs to reapply for WSP5.0?
7. Required application documents
- Company’s bank account statement
- Employees Name List
- PSU5.0 Declaration Form
- BRN Number
- SSM or related registration documents
- You may refer to our Template: Template Listing