𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐈 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐚𝐠𝐞
Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin has unveiled PERMAI, the fifth economic stimulus package to date.
Let’s take a look on its details:
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐃-𝟏𝟗 𝐕𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐞
- The first batch will be vaccinated by early March 2021, and the vaccination programme will be implemented in phases over a period of 12 months.
- Government will recruit an 𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝟑,𝟓𝟎𝟎 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐡𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐥 who will start working at the end of January 2021.
- As announced during Budget 2021, the 𝐎𝐍𝐄-𝐎𝐅𝐅 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐑𝐌𝟓𝟎𝟎 to healthcare frontliners and 𝐑𝐌𝟑𝟎𝟎 𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬 will be 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏.
- Private hospitals have agreed to receive and treat both COVID-19 and non-COVID-19 patients.
- 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐃 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐲 𝐒𝐎𝐂𝐒𝐎 if the foreign worker in red zones who registered under SOCSO.
- The scope for RM1000 tax relief relating to full health screening expenses has now been expanded to also cover COVID-19 screening.
𝐏𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐁𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐧 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧 𝐑𝐚𝐤𝐲𝐚𝐭 (𝐁𝐏𝐑):
- Household Earning <RM5,000: RM300
- Single Category Earning <RM2,000: RM150
- Implementation a 𝐅𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐁𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐞𝐭 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐦 which will provide essential food items worth RM100 for each eligible household.
- 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐭𝐚𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐟 𝐨𝐟 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐑𝐌𝟐,𝟓𝟎𝟎 on the purchase of mobile phones, computers and tablets which expired on 31 December 2020, 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏.
- The provision of 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝟏 𝐆𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐚 will be extended until the end of April 2021.
- 𝐒𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐚𝐱 𝐞𝐱𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 for locally assembled (100% exempted) and imported passenger (50% exempted) vehicles will 𝐛𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝟑𝟎 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏.
- PTPTN borrowers who affected by the COVID-19 pandemic or floods are allowed to apply for 𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞-𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐏𝐓𝐏𝐓𝐍 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐲𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐮𝐦 before 31 March 2021.
- 𝐖𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐒𝐮𝐛𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐲 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐦 𝟑.𝟎 (𝐖𝐒𝐏𝟑.𝟎) will be enhanced whereby 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐂𝐎 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐲.
- Eligible employers will receive a wage subsidy of RM600 for each of their employee earning less than RM4,000, 𝐦𝐚𝐱𝐢𝐦𝐮𝐦 𝟓𝟎𝟎 𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐞𝐬.
- For those who suffered loss of employment during the MCO are now eligible to apply for the 𝐄𝐈𝐒 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝟑𝟎% 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐲 for a period of 3 months.
𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐏𝐥𝐮𝐬 (𝐆𝐊𝐏)
- Traders and hawkers in Sabah: RM 1000
- SMEs in the MCO states: RM 1000
- SMEs in other states: RM 500
- 𝐎𝐧𝐞-𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐑𝐌𝟓𝟎𝟎 to tourist guides and drivers of taxis, school buses, tour buses, rental cars and e-hailing vehicles.
- Special deduction period for rental deduction will be extended until 30 June 2021.
𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐬:
- Specific sectors: 10% (January to March 2021)
- Domestic and non-domestic: at a rate of RM 0.02 per kilowatt-hour (January to June 2021)
- 𝐃𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝 are eligible for a 𝐭𝐚𝐱 𝐝𝐞𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 based on their gross business income or aggregate income.
- Allocation of RM200 million for 𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬 across the nation.
- Allocation of RM300 million for implementation of the 𝐒𝐌𝐄 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐢𝐜𝐫𝐨 𝐒𝐌𝐄 𝐞-𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐠𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐩 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐚 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐠𝐧