New Procedure For Close Contacts to COVID-19 Cases
- No quarantine required, no COVID-19 testing required
- Encouraged to self-quarantine
- Encouraged to do RTK-Ag self-test on the day of onset of symptoms and on the third day
- If the result of the RTK-Ag self-test is negative and symptoms have improved, you may end quarantine but practise preventive measures
Test and Release Procedure for COVID-19 Positive Cases
COVID-19 positive cases must quarantine for 7 days. They can be released earlier if they tested negative on Day-4
Bantuan Kasih Bangsa Johor
The state government of Johor has announced a special incentive – ‘Bantuan Kasih Bangsa Johor’ (BKBJ) to the people in the state. There are 28 initiatives under BKBJ with a total allocation of RM144.36 million. The incentive comprised five main categories, namely Community, Welfare, Johor Youths, Education and Economy.
Further information: https://www.facebook.com/LANDCO.MALAYSIA/posts/1416490948799297
Form BE e-Filing Deadline
Taxpayers with no business income and whose income derived from other sources (rental, part-time jobs, royalties, etc.) need to file the Form BE (e-Filing) before 15.05.2022.
Further information: https://liew.my/social/form-be-2/
Appeal method for BKM financial aid application
The first phase of Bantuan Keluarga Malaysia (BKM) was distributed on 28.03.2022. If the application is rejected, there are two ways to appeal.
- Via online (Period: 02.05.2022 – 02.06.2022)
- The beneficiary can visit to https://bkm.hasil.gov.my/ to inquire about the reasons for rejection and the ways to appeal
- Via physical (Period: Start from 09.05.2022)
- Start from 09.05.2022, the beneficiary can fill in the BKM 2022 Appeal Form (the form will be issued before the appeal period) and submit the form to the nearby LHDNM branch / Pejabat Satelit (PS) / Pusat Khidmat Hasil (PKH) / Pusat Transformasi Bandar ( UTC)
ePemula RM150 Programme
Application of ePemula RM150 Programme is open from 11.04.2022. Eligible youths aged between 18 to 20 and full-time students at local institutions of higher learning (IPT) can register under the ePemula programme before 01.06.2022. Eligible individuals who have successfully applied must spend this e-cash before 10.06.2022, otherwise it will be automatically invalidated.
Skim Khairat Kematian BKM 2022
Skim Khairat Kematian BKM 2022 is an assistance program for beneficiaries of BKM financial aid. If the beneficiaries in the family group, single parent families and single senior citizens who unfortunately pass away in 2022, their family members or beneficiaries can apply for a RM1,000 death grant. Dependents to receive death benefits must be spouses, parents, children, siblings or grandchildren.
Implementation of the RM1500 Minimum Wages Order
The government announced that the minimum wages of RM1500 will be implemented on 01.05.2022.
Further details of the Order are set out below:
- With effective from 01.05.2022:
- For employers with more than 5 employees, and
- Employers who carry out professional activities (as classified under the MASCO), regardless of the number of employees.
- With effective from 01.01.2023:
- For employers with less than 5 employees, and
- Employers who do not carry out professional activities (as classified under the MASCO).
National COVID-19 Immunisation Programme for Children (PICKids)
The first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine under the National COVID-19 Immunisation Programme for Children (PICKids) will not be offered after 15.05.2022. Parents are urged to register their children for vaccination through MySejahtera before 08.05.2022 in order to obtain an appointment before 15.05.2022. This program does not cover children born in 2017 and children who have not yet reached the age of 5 by 15.05.2022.
Public Holidays in May
- 01.05.2022 (Sun): Labour Day (National)
- 02.05.2022 (Mon): Labour Day Holiday (National except Johor, Kedah, Kelantan & Terengganu)
- 03.05.2022 – 04.05.2022 (Tue & Wed): Hari Raya Aidilfitri (National)
- 15.05.2022 (Sun): Wesak Day (National)
- 16.05.2022 (Mon): Wesak Day Holiday (National except Johor, Kedah, Kelantan & Terengganu)
- 17.05.2022 (Tue): Raja Perlis’ Birthday (Perlis)
- 15.05.2022：PCB (April Salary)
- 15.05.2022：SOCSO & EIS (April Salary)
- 15.05.2022：HRDF (April Salary)
- 15.05.2022：EPF (April Salary)
- 15.05.2022：Form BE (e-Filing)
- 15.05.2022：CP204 Payment (Exempt for Micro & SMEs until Jun 2022)
- 30.05.2022：Audited report (Company financial year ended October 2021)
- 30.05.2022：CP500 (Second Payment)
- 31.05.2022：SST (Mar 2022 – Apr 2022 Payment)
- 31.05.2022：CP204 Submission (Company financial year ended June 2022)
- 31.05.2022：Form C (Company financial year ended September 2021)